YouTube has been a hub for video content marketing and video content creation for years. Businesses of all sizes create channels on video-sharing websites like YouTube and get enabled to monetize with YPP (Youtube Partner Program)
In spite of this, YouTube has numerous flaws when it comes to monetization. From false copyright claims to T&C abuse to unsubstantiated demonetization, the platform was plagued with problems. However, YouTube has never fully addressed these issues, despite doing some things to help.
YouTube Monetization Requirements
Below are the minimum eligible criteria as per YouTube monetize video rules updated in 2022.
- Creators should have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months.
- Make sure you have only one AdSense account synchronized with Google account.
- Don’t forget to enable 2 Factor verification for your Google account.
- Should live in a country or region that supports the YouTube Partnership Program
- Your Channel shouldn’t have any active Community Guidelines Strikes.
- You can request to be notified when you reach the subscriber and public watch hour threshold for valid sign-in of YPP terms.
- For YouTube Shorts monetization is required to have at least 1,000 subscribers & 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months OR 10M views on Shorts videos in the last 90 days.
What’s Wrong With YouTube?
YouTube has complete control over the storage of video content, so users don’t have any control over what happens to their videos. Users of YouTube are not the ones who decide what should appear on YouTube’s platform. When it comes to monetizing your videos via advertising, YouTube is the broker that decides what is fair to monetize and what isn’t.
YouTube’s algorithm is supposed to promote content fairly, but some content creators notice discrepancies in this system, allegedly making some channels disappear overnight.
There are numerous numbers of YouTube Membership Alternative platforms in the market. Let’s explore.
6 Best YouTube alternative Membership Platforms
- Vimeo OTT
- Brid TV
GudSho is an ideal video platform for independent creators who want to quickly launch their channels and monetize them with pay-per-view, subscriptions, & donations from their loyal audiences.
- Fully-featured video channel
- 4K streaming to offer exceptional video experience
- Video management tools & dashboard
- Profitable monetization models like SVOD, TVOD, and payments via donations
- Multiple options for increased branding
- Multi-screening across devices
- Privacy features and AES-encrypted streams
- Advanced marketing tools to expand the reach
- Insightful video and user analytics
- Flexible creator-friendly plans
A wide range of media broadcasters, content owners, distribution networks, and others can leverage VPlayed’s OTT monetization platform.
- End to end platform development support
- 3rd-party service integration for added profits
- World-class packed features to launch best OTT app
- HTML5 Video Player for buffer-free experience
- Live Stream for real-time interactivity
- Cloud Transcoding for bit-sized compressions
- Live to VOD featuring add-on values
- Content Partner Portal for administering ads content
A whitelabel video player developed by Dacast facilitates monetizing streams via paywalls that can accept 135 different currencies and are transcribed into 10 languages.
- Wide range of website monetization tools
- Ad-free streaming with easy-to use features
- Top-notch layered video DRM security into content library
- Group-pricing for live & on demand video support
- Multi-User accessibility on custom plans
- Complete live streaming support with no extra cost
4. Vimeo OTT
Vimeo OTT is a leading provider of online video platforms, the most powerful platform to grade your content’s quality quantitatively.
- Get global in every market & currency
- Supports TVOD, AVOD, SVOD monetization models
- Collect revenue from live streams and grow socially
- Monetize across platforms like Android, iOS, Roku
- Branded apps with in-app purchase integration
- Take away restrictions to deliver region-specific content
5. Brid TV
Brid TV is a powerful enterprise video platform ensures you stay ahead in the competition by expanding the money-making zone to start your video streaming business.
- Google ADX enhancing monetization strategy
- Video carousel unit
- Detect invalid traffic with protected media
- Simultaneous broadcasts
- Instream and outstream ads
- Ad pods & video header bidding
With Uscreen, you can establish your own heightened video streaming service and monetize it.
- Seamless payments with monetization models
- Monetize scheduled or live events easily
- Pricing plans from $70 to $399 per month
- Offers one-time purchases for bundled content
- Allows to set your own pricing strategy
- Cash in your talents stay updated with sold numbers
Read Also: How to Choose the Right Brightcove Alternative for Your Business: A Step-by-Step Guide
Despite YouTube’s popularity, it is not the ideal platform for hosting your videos. Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the above Youtube Alternative platforms to choose the right one for your business.